Wednesday, November 09, 2005

dear pops

In an effort to lure my dad onto my web log (you notice I refuse to use the abbreviation for web log (blog) but prefer to stick to the actual name-I do this in honor of Skinny T. Wright) I have decided to use my dad's comments as fodder for web logging activities. Please forgive. If you do not know my dad, then you can go ahead and ignore what I am about to write. But, I don't think anyone who fits that description even knows about this web log. So please continue, unless you finally realize that you should be doing something worthwhile with your life instead of wasting it away reading web logs while you are thinking you should be doing something worthwhile. Especially when the web logs are about my boring, insignificant life.

Before I start, you must realize that all through 2004 my dad rode around in a large suburban with a small w'04 sticker on the bumper. That should say it all. But, I must add more. He also placed a bush/cheney sign at the end of our driveway. I think he received it from some republican group because of some kind of donation he made. Now, before you race to the comments to reprimand Dr. Frandsen, let us examine why he loves Bush so much.

In my dad's last family letter, which he distributes weekly, he wrote the following:

What did you think of the Scalito nomination? Are you able to stand up for your conservative values in Hillary Clinton's bastion of liberalism? President Clinton's jaunts are not too far from you, are they? From what I can glean from the articles in the paper and magazines, he is an amazing man with impeccable credentials. And, anytime Senator Schumer, another New York bulwark of sensibility, goes on the offensive against a nominee, I know the nominee is one for me. Actually, when I found out that gourmet cooking was one of his hobbies, then I knew he would be a good justice. And, then when his 90 year old mother matter-of-factly told the press 'Of course he is against abortion,' I knew again he came from a good family. What is the scuttlebutt on the street?

I intend to dissect his statements and provoke his comments (remember, the point of today's web log is to lure him into the commenting). So I will answer his questions one-by-one.

Q) What did you think of the scalito nomination?

A) A well-qualified judge from within the 'judicial monastery' who is a home-run nomination compared to his botch-of-a-nomination Harriet Miers whom he couldn't sell to his conservative base, much less his liberal opposition. However, I'm afraid the conservative might be surprised when he doesn't overturn Roe V. Wade because of lack of precedence Gourmet cooking was not a selling point for me; however, the fact that he attended a fantasy baseball camp for the phillies in '93 was.

Q) Are you able to stand up for your conservative values in Hillary Clinton's bastion of liberalism?

A) Bastion of liberalism? Michael Bloomberg, who won yesterday's reelection bid for nyc mayor, is a conservative, or at least a republican, as was Mayor Giuliani before him. So, even though it's really hard, I'm hanging on by just a thread.

Enough with the Q and A. I just want to say a couple more things. Dad, why label yourself part of any political organization, democrat or republican, liberal or conservative? It seems like you are rubber-stamping all of Bush's moves these past couple weeks just because you are republican. I think you must admit that he hasn't been doing things perfectly. What do you think? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Lastly, I would like to highlight the transformation for the better that I have experienced. When I came home from Taiwan I found myself listening to sean hannity in my car. I was starved for anything on the radio. I'm happy to say that shortly thereafter I switched my attention to better-equipped pundits: jon stewart and stephen colbert. Check out the comedy central website to learn more. So pops, judge for yourself.

And that's all I have to say.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Son: Your lure worked; however, you never were very good at arguing for arguments sake. Nonetheless, I still love you. Dad

Stephen said...

pops,
the point is that you now answer my questions. um...yeah?

petey said...

stevey, i guess political web logs are not that cliche afterall. i just posted politics, only to switch over to your blog to find you had dope the same last night. maybe it's on our frandsen y chromosome.

petey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
petey said...

tracy- bastion of liberalism? yes i believe it is. and i think it is having an effect this republican bred young man. i believe my eyes are finally being opened to see the light. the light of sharing and caring for others like any good christian would...

Anonymous said...

i hate politics, i hate the frandsens, and i especially hate gourmet cooking. well, okay, i don't hate the frandsens, but i do hate those other aforementioned things.

post script: i should mention though that i do feel honored to be mentioned in a web log.

paul said...

Dad, nice of you to join in. Now where are Jonny, Libby, Hannah, Mom and especially Lafe's comments?

It's good to see Petey is seeing the light...that the political party that he and his dad have grown up with ascribe to these principles of Christianity (requiring people to contribute to receive government support while also allowing the private sector--charities, religious groups etc--to stem the problems of poverty) while New York's darling party would hold the poor ransom by perpetuating a state of poverty and need so that they can keep a very valuable voting block right where they need them--eating out of their hands

paul said...

skinny, why all the hatred. we frandsens always loved you...and what you say hurts--if only in jest.

Stephen said...

thanks paul. lets get everybody else to get on and leave some comments. i'm especially waiting for lafe's comments. skinny: we don't care what you think, but you are welcome to leave comments. petey: i believe paul has 'nailed you' and his comments require a comeback on your part.

Anonymous said...

why do you do you hate us just kiding
hay skinny nice block at soccer.
stehen how you doinin at newyork.
my school recks.......................
i have a dumb helper techerby.................................................................

Anonymous said...

i thought you said that you wanted me to say something and i did. so, hurry and just mail me back. love lafe ...............................

Stephen said...

lafe,
thanks for the comments. it sounds like you both like and hate school. well my boy, i know exactly how you feel. when are you going to start your own web log? start it soon and then you can write all about your third grade life. peace out my little one...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment, bro. . . . . . . . .
love lafe

p.s. i read better than libby and mom. . . . .

petey said...

paul- i've said this before and i will say it again. i believe jesus is a democrat, but the kingdom of god will have to be run by republicans or else it won't work, for the very reasons you stated --self-sufficiency, productivity, self-reliance, etc. but under current circumstances the rich get richer. and while that may be good for investment purposes and economic stimulation (cause somebody has to be hired to build oprah's 15th estate...), it would be nice so see some of that profit put towards creating more self-reliance, etc (something that cannot be given, but earned and developed).

tiny teven- yes i did get "nailed" and on an unrelated note, if you keep this blog going, put a day stamp on your comments, instead of just a time stamp...

Stephen said...

lafe, you definitely do read better than either libby or mom.

stephen

paul said...

Peter,

I agree with you...the republican party is far from perfect. I guess that's why some of the nicer people I know are democrats (Aunt Shauna, President Faust). However, Utah democrats are moderate republicans anywhere else in the country. Utah democrats would be considered heretics in your fair city. Please don't apostasize on us...

Anonymous said...

Hmph.and.Hmph.you think i should make
a blog.stephen are you coming to thanksgiving.i can not believe that
byu lost to utah.34 to 41.do you
think that byu well win the
superbowl.dj is going biking
with dad paul and jonny and maby me.
i might go to go to the superbowl.
i went to the byu v.s utah.i have no homework at school.even though i hate
my school.dad wants you to go meet
my teacher and you guys get hooked up together. lets get to more inportant stuff like food justkiding..................................
;;;;;;;;;;,,,,,,,......

love,lafe

Anonymous said...

ok right back as soon as you can








love, lafe.............................

Anonymous said...

ok i might make my own blog dont get your hopes up.if i do make my own blog then i might not be abble to keep track. ok so just do not get your hopes up i,m warning you dont get your hopes up ok!

Stephen said...

lafe,

first, you must make a web log soon.

second, read about robots.

third, is your teacher cute?

fourth, why do you hate school?

fifth, i might go biking with you too.

sixth, why are you a better writer than skinny?

lafe said...

hick i have the hickups.love.lafedog.

Anonymous said...

since lafe didn't reply to question number six, i find it in my best interest to respond.

the reason lafe has better writing than skinny is because lafe isn't forced to hang around insolent, illiterate, uneducated oafs who kill all creative genius in those around them.

lafe said...

no nick your not are humble sevent . love lafe